- (of a support or structure) be unable to carry a load or withstand a force; collapse or break；yield to someone or something
- 1. (of a support or structure) be unable to carry a load or withstand a force; collapse or break
- 2. yield to someone or something
- 3. allow oneself to be overcome by or to succumb to (an emotion or impulse)
- 4. be replaced or superseded by
- 5. allow someone or something to be or go first
- 6. (of rowers) row hard
n. a road sign telling drivers and other road users to give right of way to other traffic:
police say the car went through a give way sign and hit the bus
Powered by Oxford Dictionary of English 3e
- ph.yield to someone or something
Powered by New Oxford American Dictionary
give way to 被 ..... 取代 傳統的鍺基板很可能會被含鍺的矽基板所取代. 這些基板有著成本更低, 強度更高和重量更輕的優點
讓路權給... 或 讓路給… 的意思 比如說你在十字路口要讓路給橫向行駛的車輛就可以說: Give way to the crossing traffic.
when a rain-loosened mountainside gave way and covered their town 我覺得句子...對等連接詞, 連接二個詞性相同的名詞或動詞.(gave way 和covered) Covered覆蓋的過去式...