- obtain (information) from various sources, often with difficulty；collect gradually
verb: glean, 3rd person present: gleans, gerund or present participle: gleaning, past tense: gleaned, past participle: gleaned
- 1. obtain (information) from various sources, often with difficulty the information is gleaned from press cuttings
- ▪ collect gradually objects gleaned from local markets
- 2. historical gather (leftover grain) after a harvest the conditions of farm workers in the 1890s made gleaning essential
- extract (information) from various sources: the information is gleaned from press clippings
Oxford American Dictionary
Takeaway : (任何新的資訊)Any new piece of information gleaned from a lecture, interview, or other media presentation, etc. that can be of exponential value
...認為風度不夠強，無法在八到十天之內抵達紐西蘭。 2007-12-06 10:51:21 補充： glean : 察明 to learn or collect it (infomation or knowledge) slowly and patiently, and perhaps indirectly...
...目標發表演說。 這個計畫是讓人類在1960年代末期登陸月球。 當John Glean在1962年繞著地球運行時，這個目標穩固地被建立。 在這個時代，太空競賽...