- provoke or annoy (someone) so as to stimulate an action or reaction；drive (an animal) with a spiked stick
- a spiked stick used for driving cattle.；a thing that stimulates someone into action
verb: goad, 3rd person present: goads, gerund or present participle: goading, past tense: goaded, past participle: goaded
- 1. provoke or annoy (someone) so as to stimulate an action or reaction he was trying to goad her into a fight
- 2. drive (an animal) with a spiked stick the cowboys goaded their cattle across the meadows
- 1. a spiked stick used for driving cattle. 同義詞
- ▪ a thing that stimulates someone into action for him the visit was a goad to renewed effort 同義詞
- provoke or annoy (someone) so as to stimulate some action or reaction: he goaded her on to more daring revelations
- a spiked stick used for driving cattle.
Oxford American Dictionary
...intransitive verb)1. 等候判定或決定－－－－－－－－－－－－－－－－－－－－－－－－－－goad 圖片參考：http://tw.yimg.com/i/tw/dictionary/pic/040.gif ] vt. (及物動詞 transitive...
prodding somebody into action(刺激某人去做一個動作); goading somebody into action as by ridicule(用揶揄手法刺激.驅使某人去做某動作); ...
您真是斷章取義，難怪看不懂。 完整的句子是"his playmates had continually goaded the stunted, skinny lad to tears" ～ 他的玩伴們(曾)不斷地激他，刺他，直到這個驚愕，瘦削的男孩掉下眼淚。