- courteous, kind, and pleasant；elegant and tasteful, especially as exhibiting wealth or high social status
- expressing polite surprise
- 1. courteous, kind, and pleasant smiling and gracious in defeat 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ elegant and tasteful, especially as exhibiting wealth or high social status gracious living the British painter specialized in gracious Victorian interiors 同義詞 反義詞
- 2. (in Christian belief) showing divine grace I am saved by God's gracious intervention on my behalf 同義詞 反義詞
- 3. British a polite epithet used of royalty or their acts the accession of Her present gracious Majesty
- 1. expressing polite surprise good gracious, that was close!
- courteous, kind, and pleasant, especially towards someone of lower social status: a gracious hostess Greig was gracious in defeat
- used to express polite surprise: good gracious, that was close!