- courteous, kind, and pleasant, especially towards someone of lower social status；showing the elegance and comfort brought by wealth or high social status
- used to express polite surprise
- 1. courteous, kind, and pleasant, especially towards someone of lower social status a gracious hostess Greig was gracious in defeat 同義詞 courteous, polite, civil, chivalrous, well mannered, ... 更多反義詞 ungracious
- ▪ showing the elegance and comfort brought by wealth or high social status gracious living 同義詞 elegant, stylish, tasteful, graceful, comfortable, ... 更多反義詞 homely
- 2. (in Christian belief) showing divine grace I am saved by God's gracious intervention on my behalf 同義詞 merciful, forgiving, compassionate, kind, kindly, ... 更多反義詞 cruel
- 3. British a polite epithet used of royalty or their acts the accession of Her present gracious Majesty
- 1. used to express polite surprise good gracious, that was close!
- courteous, kind, and pleasant: smiling and gracious in defeat
- expressing polite surprise: good gracious, that was close!
Oxford American Dictionary