- a particular level of rank, quality, proficiency, intensity, or value；a level in a salary or employment structure
- arrange in or allocate to grades; class or sort；give a mark to (a student or a piece of work).
verb: grade, 3rd person present: grades, gerund or present participle: grading, past tense: graded, past participle: graded
noun: grade, plural noun: grades
- 1. a particular level of rank, quality, proficiency, intensity, or value sea salt is usually available in coarse or fine grades grade AA butter 同義詞 rank, level, echelon, standing, station, ... 更多
- ▪ a level in a salary or employment structure clerical and secretarial grades 同義詞 category, class, classification, grouping, group, ... 更多
- ▪ (in historical linguistics) one in a series of related root forms exhibiting ablaut.
- ▪ a group of animals at a similar evolutionary level.
- 2. North American a mark indicating the quality of a student's work I got good grades last semester 同義詞 mark, score, grading, assessment, evaluation, ... 更多
- ▪ (with specifying ordinal number) those students in a school or school system who are grouped by age or ability for teaching at a particular level for a year she teaches first grade 同義詞 class, form, study group, school group, set, ... 更多
- ▪ British an examination, especially in music I took grade five and got a distinction
- 3. North American a gradient or slope just over the crest of a long seven percent grade 同義詞 slope, gradient, incline, acclivity, declivity, ... 更多
- 4. a variety of cattle produced by crossing with a superior breed grade stock
- 1. arrange in or allocate to grades; class or sort they are graded according to thickness carefully graded exercises 同義詞 classify, class, categorize, bracket, sort, ... 更多
- 2. North American give a mark to (a student or a piece of work). 同義詞 assess, mark, score, judge, evaluate, ... 更多
- 3. pass gradually from one level, especially a shade of color, into another the sky graded from blue to white on the horizon 同義詞 pass, shade, change, merge, blend, ... 更多
- 4. reduce (a road) to an easy gradient.
- 5. cross (livestock) with a superior breed.