- magnificent and imposing in appearance, size, or style；large or ambitious in scope or scale
- a thousand dollars or pounds；a grand piano.
noun: grand, plural noun: grands
- 1. magnificent and imposing in appearance, size, or style a grand country house the dinner party was very grand 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ large or ambitious in scope or scale his grand design for the future of Europe collecting on a grand scale 同義詞
- ▪ (of a person) of high rank and with an appearance and manner appropriate to it she was such a grand lady 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ used in names of places or buildings to suggest size or splendor the Grand Canyon the Grand Hotel
- 2. denoting the largest or most important item of its kind the grand entrance 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ of the highest rank (used especially in official titles) the grand duke
- ▪ (of a crime) serious grand theft
- 3. informal very good or enjoyable; excellent we had a grand day 同義詞 反義詞
- 4. (in names of family relationships) denoting one generation removed in ascent or descent a grand-niece
- 1. informal a thousand dollars or pounds he gets thirty-five grand a year
- 2. a grand piano.