- engage in a close fight or struggle without weapons; wrestle；seize hold of (someone)
- an act of grappling.；a wrestling match.
verb: grapple, 3rd person present: grapples, gerund or present participle: grappling, past tense: grappled, past participle: grappled
- 1. engage in a close fight or struggle without weapons; wrestle passersby grappled with the man after the knife attack 同義詞
- ▪ seize hold of (someone) he grappled the young man around the throat 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ struggle with or work hard to deal with or overcome (a difficulty or challenge) other towns are still grappling with the problem 同義詞 反義詞
- 2. archaic seize or hold with a grapnel.
- 1. an act of grappling.
- ▪ a wrestling match.
- ▪ an instrument for catching hold of or seizing something; a grappling hook.