- move toward or be attracted to a place, person, or thing；move, or tend to move, toward a center of gravity or other attractive force.
verb: gravitate, 3rd person present: gravitates, gerund or present participle: gravitating, past tense: gravitated, past participle: gravitated
- 1. move toward or be attracted to a place, person, or thing they gravitated to the Catholic faith in their hour of need
- ▪ move, or tend to move, toward a center of gravity or other attractive force.
- ▪ descend or sink by the force of gravity.
- move towards or be attracted to a person or thing: young western Europeans will gravitate to Berlin we instantly gravitated towards one another