- a green traffic light giving permission to proceed.；permission to go ahead with a project
- give permission to go ahead with (a project)
verb: green-light, 3rd person present: green-lights, gerund or present participle: green-lighting, past tense: green-lit, past participle: green-lighted
noun: green light, plural noun: green lights
- 1. a green traffic light giving permission to proceed.
- ▪ permission to go ahead with a project the council has given the green light for a housing development
- 1. give permission to go ahead with (a project) they refused to green-light his script until he did a major rewrite