- a soldier armed with grenades.；(in the UK) the first regiment of the royal household infantry.
noun: grenadier, plural noun: grenadiers
- 1. a soldier armed with grenades.
- 2. (in the UK) the first regiment of the royal household infantry.
- 3. a common bottom-dwelling fish with a large head, a long tapering tail, and typically a luminous gland on the belly.
- 4. a reddish-brown African waxbill with a red bill and a bright blue rump.
- n.a soldier armed with grenades or a grenade launcher.
Powered by New Oxford American Dictionary