- a person who shows the way to others, especially one employed to show tourists around places of interest；a professional mountain climber in charge of a group.
- show or indicate the way to (someone)；direct the motion or positioning of (something)
verb: guide, 3rd person present: guides, gerund or present participle: guiding, past tense: guided, past participle: guided
noun: guide, plural noun: guides
- 1. a person who shows the way to others, especially one employed to show tourists around places of interest a tour guide 同義詞
- ▪ a professional mountain climber in charge of a group.
- 2. a person who advises others, especially in matters of behaviour or belief his spiritual guide 同義詞
- ▪ a thing that helps someone to form an opinion or make a decision or calculation your resting pulse rate is a rough guide to your general physical condition 同義詞
- ▪ a book, document, or display providing information on a subject or about a place a comprehensive guide to British hotels and restaurants 同義詞
- 3. a structure or marking which directs the motion or positioning of something the guides for the bolt needed straightening
- 4. a member of the Guide Association.
- 1. show or indicate the way to (someone) he guided her to the front row and sat beside her information is available to guide you through the planning and development process 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ direct the motion or positioning of (something) the groove in the needle guides the thread
- 2. direct or influence the behaviour or development of his life was guided by his religious beliefs 同義詞