- the stomach or belly；the lower alimentary canal or a part of this; the intestine
- take out the intestines and other internal organs of (a fish or other animal) before cooking it.；remove or destroy completely the internal parts of (a building or other structure)
noun: gut, plural noun: guts
verb: gut, 3rd person present: guts, gerund or present participle: gutting, past tense: gutted, past participle: gutted
- 1. the stomach or belly:
a painful stabbing feeling in his gut
- 2. the lower alimentary canal or a part of this; the intestine:
microbes which naturally live in the human gut
- 3. entrails that have been removed or exposed in violence or by a butcher.
- 4. the internal parts or essence of something:
the guts of a modern computer
- 5. used in reference to a feeling or reaction based on an instinctive emotional response rather than considered thought:
I had a gut feeling that something was wrong
trusting his gut instinct, he went ahead and made the call
- 6. personal courage and determination; toughness of character:
she had both more brains and more guts than her husband
you just haven't got the guts to admit it
- 7. fiber made from the intestines of animals, used especially for violin or racket strings or for surgical use:
- 8. a narrow passage or strait.
- 1. take out the intestines and other internal organs of (a fish or other animal) before cooking it.
- 2. remove or destroy completely the internal parts of (a building or other structure):
the fire gutted most of the factory
- 3. cause (someone) to feel extremely upset or disappointed:
it guts me to think about what my mother and brother missed out on
通常gut這個字代表的是把某個空間的內部所有的裝置全部拆除清空,所以您友人這一句...的是他把房間裡的衣櫃和現有的固定裝潢全數拆除,準備重新裝潢過. To gut a fish:清魚,也就是把魚的內臟全部清除,所以gutted a room等於是把房間...
Something really hit us in the gut .It is just a feeling about what home is............... hit us in the gut 內心深處的意思 gut feeling 直覺的
...alone in my room upstairs and realized what the queasiness in my gut was: Nnamabia had done it, I knew...