- suspend or be suspended from above with the lower part dangling free；attach or be attached to a wall
- a downward droop or bend；the way in which something hangs
verb: hang, 3rd person present: hangs, gerund or present participle: hanging, past tense: hung, past participle: hung
- 1. suspend or be suspended from above with the lower part dangling free that's where people are supposed to hang their wash a chain hanging freely over two pegs 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ attach or be attached to a wall we could just hang the pictures on the walls the room in which the pictures will hang 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ be adorned with (pictures or other decorations) the walls of her hall were hung with examples of her work 同義詞
- ▪ attach or be attached so as to allow free movement about the point of attachment a long time was spent hanging a couple of doors
- ▪ (of fabric or a garment) be arranged in folds so as to droop in a specified way this blend of silk and wool hangs well and resists creases
- ▪ paste (wallpaper) to a wall if you're using lining paper, hang it horizontally 同義詞 反義詞
- 2. kill (someone) by tying a rope attached from above around the neck and removing the support from beneath (used as a form of capital punishment) he was hanged for murder she hanged herself in her cell 同義詞
- ▪ be killed by hanging both men were sentenced to hang 同義詞
- ▪ dated used in expressions as a mild oath they could all go hang I'm hanged if I know
- 3. remain static in the air a haze of smoke hung below the ceiling 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ be present or imminent, especially oppressively or threateningly a sense of dread hung over him for days
- 4. come or cause to come unexpectedly to a state in which no further operations can be carried out the machine has hung it kept hanging my computer
- 5. North American informal spend time relaxing or enjoying oneself I guess I wasn't cool enough to hang with them anymore we'll be walking along just hanging, chilling
- 6. deliver (a breaking pitch) that does not change direction as intended this leads to hanging a breaking ball
- 7. US (of a juror) prevent (a jury) from reaching a verdict by a dissenting vote.
- 1. a downward droop or bend the bullish hang of his head
- ▪ the way in which something hangs the hang of one's clothes
- ▪ the way in which pictures are displayed in an exhibition critics are apt to use up as much space reviewing the hang as the art
...等「掛、懸、垂吊」在某處時，大多是這些名詞當主詞，hang當不及物動，以「主動」語態表示，但逐漸地在近代也有...動詞三態hang, hanged, hanged; 美式英文動詞三態hang, hung, hung) 例： He was hanged...
hanging = 吊掛,懸掛 pack = 包裹,背包 hanging pack = 吊卡包裝 指一種包裝方式的名稱,紙盒上供可方便吊掛EX:像此種包裝,就稱為吊卡包裝 Hanging Pack 圖片參考：http://www.gohappy.com.tw/images/product/22/688945...
hang out 相處 I hang out with my friends a lot. hang up 掛電話 She hung up on...忍耐中 Hang in there and you will find a way out. I'm hanging in there.