- add notes to (a melody) to produce harmony；sing or play in harmony.
verb: harmonize, 3rd person present: harmonizes, gerund or present participle: harmonizing, past tense: harmonized, past participle: harmonized
- 1. add notes to (a melody) to produce harmony we harmonize a scale using only the notes from that particular key
- ▪ sing or play in harmony.
- 2. produce a pleasing visual combination the containers harmonize in color, texture, and shape with the flowers they display steeply pitched roofs which harmonize with the form of the main roof 同義詞 反義詞
- 3. make consistent or compatible the economic group founded to harmonize national development plans efforts to harmonize US regulations with international standards 同義詞
- add notes to (a melody) to produce harmony: we harmonize a scale using only the notes from that particular key