- the upper part of the human body, or the front or upper part of the body of an animal, typically separated from the rest of the body by a neck, and containing the brain, mouth, and sense organs.；the head regarded as the location of intellect, imagination, and memory
- chief; principal
- be in the leading position on；be in charge of
verb: head, 3rd person present: heads, gerund or present participle: heading, past tense: headed, past participle: headed
noun: head, plural noun: heads
- 1. the upper part of the human body, or the front or upper part of the body of an animal, typically separated from the rest of the body by a neck, and containing the brain, mouth, and sense organs. 同義詞
- ▪ the head regarded as the location of intellect, imagination, and memory whatever comes into my head 同義詞
- ▪ an aptitude for or tolerance of she had a good head for business he had no head for heights 同義詞
- ▪ informal a headache, especially one resulting from intoxication.
- ▪ the height or length of a head as a measure a dazzling woman half a head taller than he was
- ▪ the obverse side of a coin (used when tossing a coin) heads or tails?
- ▪ the antlers of a deer.
- 2. a thing resembling a head either in form or in relation to a whole.
- ▪ the cutting, striking, or operational end of a tool, weapon, or mechanism.
- ▪ the flattened or knobbed end of a nail, pin, screw, or match.
- ▪ the ornamented top of a pillar or column.
- ▪ a compact mass of leaves or flowers at the top of a stem, especially a capitulum huge heads of fluffy cream flowers
- ▪ the edible leafy part at the top of the stem of such green vegetables as cabbage and lettuce.
- 3. the front, forward, or upper part or end of something. 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ the upper end of a table or bed he sat down at the head of the cot
- ▪ the flat end of a cask or drum.
- ▪ the front of a line or procession.
- ▪ the top of a page.
- ▪ short for headline
- ▪ the top of a flight of stairs or steps.
- ▪ the foam on top of a glass of beer, or the cream on the top of milk. 同義詞
- ▪ the source of a river or stream. 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ the end of a lake or inlet at which a river enters.
- ▪ a promontory Beachy Head
- ▪ the top of a ship's mast.
- ▪ the bows of a ship.
- ▪ short for cylinder head
- 4. a person in charge of something; a director or leader the head of the Dutch Catholic Church 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ British short for headmaster or headmistress
- 5. a person considered as a numerical unit they paid fifty dollars a head
- ▪ a number of cattle or game as specified seventy head of dairy cattle
- 6. a component in an audio, video, or information system by which information is transferred from an electrical signal to the recording medium, or vice versa.
- ▪ short for printhead
- 7. a body of water kept at a particular height in order to provide a supply at sufficient pressure an 8 m head of water in the shafts
- ▪ the pressure exerted by a body of water kept at a particular height or by a confined body of steam a good head of steam on the gauge
- 8. a toilet or bathroom on a boat or ship they were cleaning out the heads
- 9. the word that governs all the other words in a phrase in which it is used, having the same grammatical function as the whole phrase.
- 10. a superficial deposit of rock fragments, formed at the edge of an ice sheet by repeated freezing and thawing and then moved downhill.
- 1. chief; principal the head waiter
- 1. be in the leading position on the Palm Sunday procession was headed by the crucifer 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ be in charge of Young heads a team of internationally recognized experts in bone disease and drug development 同義詞
- 2. give a title or caption to an article headed “The Protection of Human Life.”
- 3. move in a specified direction he was heading for the exit head towards the town center until the road takes a sharp right 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ proceed toward a particular state of affairs, consequence, or outcome, especially one that is undesirable the economy is heading for recession traders all over the world are wondering just where stock markets are heading 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ direct or steer in a specified direction she headed the car toward them
- 4. shoot or pass (the ball) with the head a corner kick that he headed into the net
- 5. lop off the upper part or branches of (a plant or tree) the willow is headed every three or four years
- 6. (of a lettuce or cabbage) form a head.
- bang people's heads together
- be hanging over someone's head
- be in over one's head
- be on someone's own head
- bite someone's head off
- by the head
- come to a head
- do someone's head in
- from head to toe
- wrap one's head around
- get something into one's head
- give someone their head
- give someone head
- go to someone's head
- have a good head on one's shoulders
- head of hair
- — one's head off
- head over heels
- a head start
- heads will roll
- hold a gun to someone's head
- hold up one's head
- in one's head
- keep one's head
- keep one's head above water
- keep one's head down
- lose one's head
- make head or tail of
- off one's head
- off the top of one's head
- over someone's head
- put their heads together
- take it into one's head to do something
- turn someone's head
- turn heads
- head off
- head up
Can you tell me where the ship is heading for? 這是一個間接問句，可還原 1.Can you....Y.I. 2006-05-08 04:10:10 補充： head當動詞用表示到哪個地方時為不及物動詞故要加地點...
while some folks head for the nearest Starbucks when desperate for coffee （而） 有些人很...親切稱呼，有時也可以稱 「家人」， 例如： my folks 我的家人 「head for 某地」 是 「前往某地」 的意思。 head 在這裡是動詞，表示 「頭朝向...
雖然大家都說 head office 跟 main office 可以通用 但其實是有那麼一點差別的 head office 有全球性的意味 所以你可以說, the head office of coca-cola is in Atlanta 可口可樂的全球總公司在亞特蘭大...