- a title at the head of a page or section of a book；a division of a subject; a class or category
noun: heading, plural noun: headings
- 1. a title at the head of a page or section of a book chapter headings 同義詞
- ▪ a division of a subject; a class or category this topic falls under four main headings 同義詞
- 2. a direction or bearing he crawled on a heading of 90 degrees until he came to the track
- 3. a horizontal passage made in preparation for building a tunnel.
- ▪ another term for drift
- 4. a strip of cloth at the top of a curtain above the hooks or wire by which it is suspended.