- of great weight; difficult to lift or move；used in questions about weight
- a thing, such as a vehicle, that is large or heavy of its kind.；a large, strong man, especially one hired for protection
noun: heavy, plural noun: heavies
- 1. of great weight; difficult to lift or move:
the pan was too heavy for me to carry
- 2. used in questions about weight:
how heavy is it?
- 3. (of a class of thing) above the average weight; large of its kind:
- 4. weighed down; full of something:
branches heavy with blossoms
- 5. (of a person's head or eyes) feeling weighed down by weariness:
a heavy head
- 6. of great density; thick or substantial:
heavy gray clouds
a heavy blanket
- 7. not delicate or graceful; coarse:
he had a big mustache and heavy features
- 8. (of food or a meal) hard to digest; too filling.
- 9. (of ground or soil) hard to travel over or work with because muddy or full of clay.
- 10. (of a smell) very strong; overpowering:
a heavy scent of oil
- 11. (of the sky) full of dark clouds; oppressive:
a heavy thundery sky
- 12. of or containing atoms of an isotope of greater than the usual mass.
- 13. of more than the usual size, amount, or force:
rush hour traffic was heavy and I was delayed
- 14. using a lot of:
stories heavy on melodrama
- 15. doing something to excess:
a heavy smoker
- 16. striking or falling with force:
a heavy blow to the head
we had heavy overnight rain
- 17. (of music, especially rock) having a strong bass component and a forceful rhythm.
- 18. needing much physical effort:
long hours and heavy work
- 19. moving slowly or with difficulty:
steering that is heavy when parking
- 20. very important or serious:
a heavy discussion
- 21. (of a literary work) hard to read or understand because overly serious or difficult.
- 22. mentally oppressive; hard to endure:
a heavy burden of responsibility
- 23. feeling or expressing sadness:
I left him with a heavy heart
- 24. (of a situation) serious and hard to deal with:
things were getting pretty heavy
- 25. (of a person) strict or harsh:
my parents were getting really heavy with me in terms of work
- 1. a thing, such as a vehicle, that is large or heavy of its kind.
- 2. a large, strong man, especially one hired for protection:
I needed money to pay off the heavies
- 3. serious newspapers:
reporters from the Sunday heavies
- 4. an important person:
music business heavies
- 5. strong beer, especially bitter:
a pint of heavy
- 1. heavily:
his words hung heavy in the air
a heavy touch 濃厚的…手法(做事方式...: There is a heavy touch of American movie making..._broom_Turner_tries_heavy_touch.aspx New broom Turner...
是的，heavier是heavy的變化 它的意思是「比較重」。 以下為heavy的意思： a. 1. 重的,沈的...這盒子太重了。 2. 沈重有力的;劇烈的;熱烈的 I heard his heavy steps on the stairs. 我聽到他上樓的沈重腳步聲。 3. 大的;大量...
你的書包也很重了！heavy 圖片參考：http://tw.yimg.com/i/tw/dictionary/pic/033.gif ]a. (形容詞 adjective)1. 重...這盒子太重了。2. 沈重有力的;劇烈的;熱烈的I heard his heavy steps on the stairs.我聽到他上樓的沈重腳步聲。3. 大的;大量...