- an official messenger bringing news.；a person or thing viewed as a sign that something is about to happen
- be a sign that (something) is about to happen；acclaim
noun: herald, plural noun: heralds
- 1. an official messenger bringing news.
- 2. a person or thing viewed as a sign that something is about to happen they considered the first primroses as the herald of spring 同義詞
- 3. historical an official employed to oversee state ceremony, precedence, and the use of armorial bearings, and to make proclamations, carry ceremonial messages, and oversee tournaments. 同義詞
- 1. be a sign that (something) is about to happen the speech heralded a change in policy 同義詞
- ▪ acclaim the band has been heralded as the industrial supergroup of the '90s