- IPA[ˈhaɪ ˈˌprɛʃər]
- a condition of the atmosphere in which the pressure is above average (e.g. in an anticyclone)；physical pressure that is higher than a standard or average pressure
- characterized by or exhibiting atmospheric pressure that is above average；involving a high degree of physical pressure
noun: high pressure, plural noun: high pressures
- 1. a condition of the atmosphere in which the pressure is above average (e.g. in an anticyclone) the high pressure over Texas continues
- 2. physical pressure that is higher than a standard or average pressure liquid is injected at high pressure into subterranean rocks to extract oil or gas
- 3. a high degree of exertion, urgency, or responsibility he has a record of making good decisions under high pressure
- 1. characterized by or exhibiting atmospheric pressure that is above average a high-pressure system is moving down from the north
- 2. involving a high degree of physical pressure high-pressure water jets
- 3. involving a high degree of persuasion high-pressure sales techniques
- ▪ involving a great deal of anxiety or stress he worked in a high-pressure advertising job
...unique identifying characteristic of a given analyte. The use of pressure increases the linear velocity (speed) giving the components less...
(1) under high pressure 可解釋為 在高壓狀態 / 環境下 with high pressure 可解釋為 藉由 / 使用高壓...的確有些差別 (2) S is the process of forcing Sth under high pressure into the Sth. 此句中的 under high pressure 為形容詞片語, 修飾前面的 ...
... testing Machine 液壓試驗機 This is a high pressure precision hydraulic testing machine ( the highest test pressure can be ...