- IPA[ˌhʌɪ ˈprɛʃə]
- a condition of the atmosphere in which the pressure is above average (e.g. in an anticyclone)；physical pressure that is higher than a standard or average pressure
- characterized by or exhibiting atmospheric pressure that is above average；involving a high degree of physical pressure
noun: high pressure, plural noun: high pressures
- 1. a condition of the atmosphere in which the pressure is above average (e.g. in an anticyclone) an area of high pressure over much of the UK means that dry and fine conditions look set to continue
- 2. physical pressure that is higher than a standard or average pressure liquid is injected at high pressure into subterranean rocks to extract oil or gas
- 3. a high degree of exertion, urgency, or responsibility he has a record of making good decisions under high pressure
- 1. characterized by or exhibiting atmospheric pressure that is above average a high-pressure system is moving down from the north
- 2. involving a high degree of physical pressure high-pressure water jets
- 3. involving a high degree of persuasion high-pressure sales techniques
- ▪ involving a great deal of anxiety or stress a high-pressure job
...unique identifying characteristic of a given analyte. The use of pressure increases the linear velocity (speed) giving the components less...
(1) under high pressure 可解釋為 在高壓狀態 / 環境下 with high pressure 可解釋為 藉由 / 使用高壓...的確有些差別 (2) S is the process of forcing Sth under high pressure into the Sth. 此句中的 under high pressure 為形容詞片語, 修飾前面的 ...
... testing Machine 液壓試驗機 This is a high pressure precision hydraulic testing machine ( the highest test pressure can be ...