- the state of the tide when at its highest level；the highest point of something
noun: high tide, plural noun: high tides
- 1. the state of the tide when at its highest level:
at high tide you have to go inland
- 2. the highest point of something:
the high tide of nationalism
- IPA[ˈˌhī ˈtīd]
- n.the state of the tide when at its highest level:
- at high tide you have to go inland
Powered by New Oxford American Dictionary
...防備洪水泛濫 Bracing for high seas防備洪海 Bracing for high tide防備高潮 Bracing for high wind防備高風 Bracing for high ...
... day, Peter cheerfully went to the beach to swim. But a high tide carried his clothes away. It was not until he...
漫步在漲潮的威尼斯 冬天在威尼斯 聖馬可廣場現在都淹滿海水，高及膝蓋。看到一張張咖啡桌都有一半浸沒在水裏。有人預計這個"正在沉沒中"的威尼斯城會在100年後就消失掉了... 但，從我們現在所看到的來判斷，恐怕只要過10年威尼斯就會完全消失了...!!