- an outstanding part of an event or period of time；the best parts of a sporting or other event edited for broadcasting or recording
- draw special attention to；make visually prominent
verb: highlight, 3rd person present: highlights, gerund or present participle: highlighting, past tense: highlighted, past participle: highlighted
noun: highlight, plural noun: highlights
- 1. an outstanding part of an event or period of time he views that season as the highlight of his career 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ the best parts of a sporting or other event edited for broadcasting or recording Gary Lineker presents the highlights of today's semi-final
- 2. a bright or reflective area in a painting, picture, or design.
- ▪ a bright tint in the hair, especially one created artificially by bleaching or dyeing.
- 1. draw special attention to the issues highlighted by the report
- ▪ make visually prominent a vast backdrop with the colourful logo highlighted with lasers
- ▪ mark with a highlighter a photocopy with sections highlighted in green
- ▪ mark or select (a piece of text or other element) in an electronic interface you can highlight the word, right-click, and see a list of synonyms click once to highlight the entire row
- 2. create highlights in (hair) I've had my hair highlighted regularly for the last ten years
- an outstanding part of an event or period of time: he views that season as the highlight of his career
- pick out and emphasize: the issues highlighted by the report
Oxford American Dictionary
...only have to put written health warnings on cigarette packets HIGHLIGHTING the dangers of smoking. = EU tobacco manufacturers...
A recital is a musical (vocal or instrumental) performance. It can highlight a single performer, sometimes accompanied by piano, or a performance of the ...
These results highlight how interpersonal relationships are shaped by contextual ...