- overly theatrical or melodramatic in character or style；of or concerning actors or acting
- exaggerated dramatic behavior designed to attract attention；dramatic performance; theater
noun: histrionic, plural noun: histrionics
- 1. overly theatrical or melodramatic in character or style a histrionic outburst
- ▪ of or concerning actors or acting histrionic talents
- ▪ denoting a personality disorder marked by shallow volatile emotions and attention-seeking behavior.
- 1. exaggerated dramatic behavior designed to attract attention discussions around the issue have been based as much in histrionics as in history
- ▪ archaic dramatic performance; theater he loved the theater and everything which savored of histrionics
- 2. archaic an actor.
- excessively theatrical or dramatic in character or style: a histrionic outburst
- melodramatic behaviour designed to attract attention: by now, Anna was accustomed to her mother's histrionics