- the state of being holy；a title or form of address given to the Pope, Orthodox patriarchs, and the Dalai Lama.
noun: holiness, plural noun: Holinesses
- 1. the state of being holy:
a life of holiness and total devotion to God
- 2. a title or form of address given to the Pope, Orthodox patriarchs, and the Dalai Lama.
- 3. denoting a Christian renewal movement originating in the mid 19th century among Methodists in the US, emphasizing the Wesleyan doctrine of the sanctification of believers.
- n.the state of being holy:
- a life of holiness and total devotion to God
Powered by New Oxford American Dictionary
...in sua legge 她是如此糜爛荒淫，甚至她的法律也定得投其所好 2) in memoriam of holiness in memoriam是英文(來自拉丁文), 就是“紀念”的意思 holiness就是“神聖”的意思...
...nature was a descendant of David, and who through the Spirit of holiness was declared with power to be the Son of God by ...
.... So, in real-life/real-world, his idealistic image of the holiness of religion totally collapsed/was totally ruined.