- in a truthful, fair, or honourable way；used to emphasize the sincerity of an opinion or feeling
- 1. in a truthful, fair, or honourable way:
he'd come by the money honestly
- 2. used to emphasize the sincerity of an opinion or feeling:
she honestly believed that she was making life easier for Jack
- 3. used to emphasize the truthfulness of a statement:
honestly, darling, I'm not upset
- 4. used to indicate the speaker's annoyance or impatience:
honestly, that man is the absolute limit!
- adv.in a truthful, fair, or honorable way:
- he'd come by the money honestly
Powered by New Oxford American Dictionary
＊honestly (副詞) 誠實地;正當地 ex: I can't believe he got that money honestly. 我不相信他是靠正當手段弄到那筆錢。 真的;確實 ex: I didn't tell anyone...
Honestly, corporal punishment can not be completely a thing of the deviant behavior of students...
Honestly, if 一男士對我說 you are attractive to me. 我就直覺是他對我有...