- a small area with a relatively high temperature in comparison to its surroundings；an area of volcanic activity.
noun: hotspot, plural noun: hotspots
- 1. a small area with a relatively high temperature in comparison to its surroundings fire engines were required to visit the scene again last night after hotspots appeared to be in danger of re-igniting
- ▪ an area of volcanic activity.
- 2. a place of significant activity, danger, or violence they identified eight pollution hotspots at the mouth of the Thames while some were caught in the cross-fire at various political hotspots, most victims were targeted and killed
- 3. a popular place of entertainment treat your clients to a cocktail at one of the following hotspots
- 4. an area on a computer screen which can be clicked to activate a function, especially an image or piece of text acting as a hyperlink.
- ▪ a public place where a wireless signal is made available so that the internet can be accessed.