- a dog of a breed used for hunting, especially one able to track by scent.；a person who avidly pursues something
- harass, persecute, or pursue relentlessly
verb: hound, 3rd person present: hounds, gerund or present participle: hounding, past tense: hounded, past participle: hounded
noun: hound, plural noun: hounds
- 1. a dog of a breed used for hunting, especially one able to track by scent.
- ▪ a person who avidly pursues something he has a reputation as a publicity hound
- ▪ a despicable or contemptible man.
- ▪ used in names of dogfishes, e.g., nurse hound, smooth hound.
- 1. harass, persecute, or pursue relentlessly his opponents used the allegations to hound him out of office a tenacious attorney general who had hounded Jimmy Hoffa and other labor bosses 同義詞 反義詞