- having or showing compassion or benevolence；inflicting the minimum of pain
- 1. having or showing compassion or benevolence:
regulations ensuring the humane treatment of animals
- 2. inflicting the minimum of pain:
humane methods of killing
- 3. (of a branch of learning) intended to have a civilizing effect on people:
the humane education of literary study
n. an instrument for the painless slaughter of animals.
Powered by Oxford Dictionary of English 3e
- adj.having or showing compassion or benevolence:
- regulations ensuring the humane treatment of animals
Powered by New Oxford American Dictionary
1. humane environment 2. I am honored to introduce my school to you...
harmony 和睦；調和 humane 人道的；慈悲的 amiable 親切的；和藹的 aboveboard 率直的；光明正大的 lenient 寬大的；仁慈的 loyal 忠誠的 obligingly 親切地；樂於助人地 抱歉，最多只能這樣了！
...week Jay McCarroll and The Humane Society of the United States..., executive vice president of The Humane Society of the United States...