- deceptive or false talk or behaviour；a hypocrite
- deceive; trick；act like a fraud
noun: humbug, plural noun: humbugs
- 1. deceptive or false talk or behaviour his comments are sheer humbug 同義詞 hypocrisy, hypocritical talk/behaviour, sanctimoniousness, posturing, cant, ... 更多
- ▪ a hypocrite you see what a humbug I am 同義詞 hypocrite, hypocritical person, plaster saint, whited sepulchre, charlatan, ... 更多
- 2. British a boiled sweet, especially one flavoured with peppermint.
- 1. deceive; trick poor Dave is easily humbugged
- ▪ act like a fraud she was always ready to help him, provided he didn't humbug