- a religious song or poem of praise to God or a god；a formal song sung during Christian worship, typically by the whole congregation
- praise or celebrate (something)；sing hymns
verb: hymn, 3rd person present: hymns, gerund or present participle: hymning, past tense: hymned, past participle: hymned
- 1. a religious song or poem of praise to God or a god:
a Hellenistic hymn to Apollo
- 2. a formal song sung during Christian worship, typically by the whole congregation:
the traditional Easter hymn of rejoicing
- 3. a song, text, or other composition praising or celebrating someone or something:
a most unusual passage like a hymn to the great outdoors
- 1. praise or celebrate (something):
Johnson's reply hymns education
- 2. sing hymns:
they were hymning to their god
Amy Chua’s book, Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother, which recounts her strict ...
A moving hymn was sung. 這句話是在說: 一首感動的詩歌被唱出來 be + 過去...
... with us ye seraphim Heaven and earth resound the hymn Salve, salve, salve, regina Hail holy queen enthroned above...