- of, based on, or serving as a hypothesis；supposed but not necessarily real or true
- a hypothetical proposition or statement
noun: hypothetical, plural noun: hypotheticals
- 1. of, based on, or serving as a hypothesis that option is merely hypothetical at this juncture
- ▪ supposed but not necessarily real or true the hypothetical tenth planet
- ▪ denoting or containing a proposition of the logical form if p then q.
- 1. a hypothetical proposition or statement Finn talked in hypotheticals, tossing what-if scenarios to Rosen
- a moral obligation that applies only if one desires the implicated goal.
- based on or serving as a hypothesis: let us take a hypothetical case
- a hypothetical proposition or statement: officials refuse to discuss military policy except in coy hypotheticals