- deriving from or affected by uncontrolled extreme emotion；extremely funny
- 1. deriving from or affected by uncontrolled extreme emotion the band was mobbed by hysterical fans hysterical laughter 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ informal extremely funny her attempts to teach them to dance were hysterical 同義詞 反義詞
- 2. relating to, associated with, or suffering from hysteria the doctor thinks the condition is partly hysterical
- realistic fiction that is characterized by overblown prose and intellectual digressions.
Oxford American Dictionary
- affected by or deriving from wildly uncontrolled emotion: Janet became hysterical and began screaming the band were mobbed by hysterical fans