- a picture illustrating a book, newspaper, etc.；an example serving to clarify or prove something
noun: illustration, plural noun: illustrations
- 1. a picture illustrating a book, newspaper, etc.:
an illustration of a yacht
- 2. an example serving to clarify or prove something:
this accident is a graphic illustration of the disaster that's waiting to happen
- 3. the action or fact of illustrating something, either pictorially or by exemplification:
by way of illustration, I refer to the following case
- n.a picture illustrating a book, newspaper, etc.:
- an illustration of a yacht
Powered by Oxford Dictionary of English 3e
illustration 較符合所描述之工作 現引證自Cambridge (劍橋)Advanced Learners Dictionary(字典)中的解釋 illustration a picture in a book, magazine, etc. or the process of illustrating something...
這應該是英英字典中，對 illustrations 的解釋吧？ * 給予故事中角色的面貌 * 展示教學書本中物品的範例 * 將技術類...
... beyond its conventional scope in recent years. Take illustration for example, it has turned into an icon which identifies the...