- drink (alcohol)；absorb or assimilate (ideas or knowledge)
verb: imbibe, 3rd person present: imbibes, gerund or present participle: imbibing, past tense: imbibed, past participle: imbibed
- 1. formal, humorous drink (alcohol) they were imbibing far too many pitchers of beer having imbibed too freely, he fell over 同義詞
- ▪ formal, humorous absorb or assimilate (ideas or knowledge) she had imbibed the gospel of modernism from Kandinsky 同義詞
- ▪ formal, humorous (especially of seeds) absorb (water) into ultramicroscopic spaces or pores.
- ▪ formal, humorous place (seeds) in water in order to absorb it.
- drink (alcohol): they were imbibing far too many pitchers of beer