- of vital importance; crucial；giving an authoritative command; peremptory
- an essential or urgent thing；a factor or influence making something necessary
noun: imperative, plural noun: imperatives
- 1. of vital importance; crucial immediate action was imperative it is imperative that standards are maintained 同義詞 反義詞
- 2. giving an authoritative command; peremptory the bell pealed again, a final imperative call 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ denoting the mood of a verb that expresses a command or exhortation, as in come here!
- 1. an essential or urgent thing free movement of labour was an economic imperative
- ▪ a factor or influence making something necessary the biological imperatives which guide male and female behaviour
- 2. a verb or phrase in the imperative mood.
- ▪ the imperative mood.