- impress or stamp (a mark or outline) on a surface；make an impression or mark on
- a mark or outline made by pressing something on to a softer substance；a lasting effect
verb: imprint, 3rd person present: imprints, gerund or present participle: imprinting, past tense: imprinted, past participle: imprinted
noun: imprint, plural noun: imprints
- 1. impress or stamp (a mark or outline) on a surface tyre marks were imprinted in the snow 同義詞
- ▪ make an impression or mark on clothes imprinted with the logos of sports teams
- ▪ fix (an idea) firmly in someone's mind he'd always have this ghastly image imprinted on his mind 同義詞
- 2. (of a young animal) come to recognize (another animal, person, or thing) as a parent or other object of habitual trust the bird thought I was its mother and imprinted on me goslings will imprint themselves on inanimate objects such as a cardboard box
- 1. a mark or outline made by pressing something on to a softer substance he made imprints of the keys in bars of soap 同義詞
- ▪ a lasting effect years in the colonies had left their imprint 同義詞
- 2. a printer's or publisher's name, address, and other details in a book or other publication.
- ▪ a brand name under which books are published, typically the name of a former publishing house that is now part of a larger group the group will continue to market its products through its established imprints
- impress or stamp (a mark or outline) on a surface or body: tire marks were imprinted in the snow
- a mark made by pressing something onto a softer substance so that its outline is reproduced: he made imprints of the keys in bars of soap
Oxford American Dictionary
...說不定給你留了話。（猜過去） Q1 Ryan Tedder's imprint with Interscope, Patriot Records, through which he ...
...有吸引力的工作可誘導個體去做較無聊的工作 例: 功課做完以後可以上網 4. Imprinting 銘印作用 指個體急速又難以逆轉的學習. 例: 卵生動物出生後所見的第一個...
The dreams which have been pursured together always be imprinted in mind forever. 一起追求過的夢想，總是永遠銘記在心. 一起追求過的夢想...