- a person's natural tendency or urge to act or feel in a particular way; a disposition or propensity；an interest in or liking for (something)
noun: inclination, plural noun: inclinations
- 1. a person's natural tendency or urge to act or feel in a particular way; a disposition or propensity John was a scientist by training and inclination he was free to follow his inclinations 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ an interest in or liking for (something) Burger King and Wendy's didn't show any inclination to jump into a price war with McDonald's 同義詞 反義詞
- 2. a slope or slant changes in inclination of the line on the graph
- ▪ the action of inclining the body or head the questioner's inclination of his head 同義詞
- ▪ the dip of a magnetic needle.
- 3. the angle at which a straight line or plane is inclined to another. 同義詞
- ▪ the angle between the orbital plane of a planet, comet, etc. and the ecliptic, or between the orbital plane of a satellite and the equatorial plane of its primary cometary orbits vary widely in inclination
- ▪ the angle between the axis of an astronomical object and a fixed reference angle.
- another term for dip
Oxford American Dictionary
- a person's natural tendency or urge to act or feel in a particular way; a disposition: John was a scientist by training and inclination Fanny showed little inclination to talk about anything serious
The inclination of Tower of Pisa was due to the subsidence of the foundation soil...
大大您好～ 原文： people use factors such as orbital inclination,the altitude above the earththe solar cycle and the individuals susceptibility to...
...活動, 成就, 和能力團結。 2. Each represents an action,or the inclination to act,that is intentional and goal directed. 每個代表行動, 或傾向...