- necessary for (someone) as a duty or responsibility；(of an official or regime) currently holding office
- the holder of an office or post；the holder of an ecclesiastical benefice.
- 1. necessary for (someone) as a duty or responsibility the government realized that it was incumbent on them to act 同義詞 反義詞
- 2. (of an official or regime) currently holding office the incumbent President was defeated 同義詞 反義詞
- 3. (of a company) having a sizeable share of a market powerful incumbent airlines
- 1. the holder of an office or post the present incumbent will soon be retiring
- ▪ the holder of an ecclesiastical benefice.
- necessary for (someone) as a duty or responsibility: it is incumbent on all decent people to concentrate on destroying this evil
- the holder of an office or post: the present incumbent will soon be retiring
Oxford American Dictionary
...a summary of the main differentiating characteristics between incumbent network carriers and no-frills scheduled airlines...
... 可以有很多的意思，但是用在科技業裏面，而且加上前面的形容詞 incumbent 的話，應該就是 People, Process, Technology 或者就是...
... exposure to the public, and their ability to raise campaign funds, incumbents usually have a significant advantage over opponents if they choose to run for reelection...