- used to emphasize a statement or response confirming something already suggested；used to emphasize a description
- 1. used to emphasize a statement or response confirming something already suggested:
it was not expected to last long, and indeed it took less than three weeks
‘She should have no trouble hearing him.’ ‘No indeed.’
- 2. used to emphasize a description:
it was a very good buy indeed
- 3. used to introduce a further and stronger or more surprising point:
the idea is attractive to many men and indeed to many women
- 4. used in a response to express interest, surprise, or contempt:
‘A ghost indeed! I've never heard anything so silly.’
- 5. expressing interest of an ironic kind with repetition of a question just asked:
‘Who'd believe it?’ ‘Who indeed?’
- adv.used to emphasize a statement or response confirming something already suggested:
- it was not expected to last long, and indeed it took less than three weeks
“She should have no trouble hearing him.” “No indeed.”
Powered by New Oxford American Dictionary
Indeed可做為副詞, 表示在加強語氣 (像是 確實), 或是表示進一層的意思 (像是 甚至). 簡單的例句就是: A friend in need is a friend indeed (患難之交才是真正的朋友), 這裡的indeed就是確實, 是這樣的, 加強語氣用. ...
兩個單字事實上有重複的意思 *indeed:(sourced from Oxford Dictionary) 1.truly...情況之下是可以互用，就看你要表達的意思 He is indeed a party animal(強調) A:Where are you lately...
這句話應該前面描述一件負面的事，那件事 dark indeed 假設是有人莫名其妙被抓去關： He was put...; sinister 參考：http://www.thefreedictionary.com/dark indeed = 的確 = 真的很... 版主若列出一整句，翻譯會更精確...