- (in a book or set of books) an alphabetical list of names, subjects, etc. with reference to the pages on which they are mentioned；an alphabetical list by title, author, or other category of a collection of books or documents, for example in a library.
- record (names, subjects, etc.) in an index；provide an index to
verb: index, 3rd person present: indexes, gerund or present participle: indexing, past tense: indexed, past participle: indexed
noun: index, plural noun: indexes
- 1. (in a book or set of books) an alphabetical list of names, subjects, etc. with reference to the pages on which they are mentioned clear cross references supplemented by a thorough index
- ▪ an alphabetical list by title, author, or other category of a collection of books or documents, for example in a library. 同義詞
- ▪ short for Index Librorum Prohibitorum
- ▪ a set of items each of which specifies one of the records of a file and contains information about its address.
- 2. a sign or measure of something exam results may serve as an index of the teacher's effectiveness 同義詞
- ▪ a figure in a system or scale representing the average value of specified prices, shares, or other items as compared with some reference figure the hundred-shares index closed down 9.3
- ▪ a number giving the magnitude of a physical property or other measured phenomenon in terms of a standard the oral hygiene index was calculated as the sum of the debris and calculus indices
- 3. an exponent or other superscript or subscript number appended to a quantity.
- 4. a pointer on an instrument, showing a quantity, a position on a scale, etc. 同義詞
- ▪ a symbol shaped like a pointing hand, used to draw attention to a note.
- 1. record (names, subjects, etc.) in an index the list indexes theses under regional headings
- ▪ provide an index to she offered help in indexing my text book on bookselling data sets are indexed by subject
- 2. link the value of (prices, wages, or other payments) automatically to the value of a price index the Supreme Soviet passed legislation indexing wages to prices
- 3. (of a machine or part of one) move from one predetermined position to another in order to carry out a sequence of operations the pins are retracted and indexed to occupy an adjacent slotted position
Index是索引, 通常出現在報紙, 雜誌, 書刊的前面, 告訴讀者 這份刊物包括了哪些內容...型錄或目錄, 做為郵購之用, 裡面有商品的描述, 編號及價格, 方便客戶選購. index card是索引卡, 是用來分類管理資料用的. 一般人通常用 index card來登記電話號碼...
index n. (名詞 noun)[C] 索引;卡片索引;文獻索引 標誌;表示;跡象 食指 (刻度...索引;修改(指令等) vi. (不及物動詞 intransitive verb) 編索引 您是不是還想知道... index card Index Expugatorius index finger
rigidity index 剛性指數 2011-03-11 16:10:53 補充： 參考資料：教育部國立編譯館 http://...