- provoke or intensify (strong feelings, especially anger) in someone；provoke (someone) to strong feelings
verb: inflame, 3rd person present: inflames, gerund or present participle: inflaming, past tense: inflamed, past participle: inflamed
- 1. provoke or intensify (strong feelings, especially anger) in someone:
high fines further inflamed public feelings
- 2. provoke (someone) to strong feelings:
her sister was inflamed with jealousy
- 3. make (a situation) worse:
comments that inflame what is already a sensitive situation
- 4. cause inflammation in (a part of the body):
the finger joints were inflamed with rheumatoid arthritis
- 5. light up with or as if with flames:
the torches inflame the night to the eastward
- v.provoke or intensify (strong feelings, especially anger) in someone:
- high fines further inflamed public feelings
Powered by New Oxford American Dictionary
... signs and symptoms: Cervical/postauricular lymphadenopathy, inflamed pharynx, cough, coryza 關聯現象和症狀：頸部／耳下淋巴結病，咽喉發炎，咳嗽...
...請勿使用本產品 Please don't use the product on the wounded or inflamed skin. 3.使用後若有紅腫不適現象，請洽皮膚科醫師 In case of inflaming...
...vesicular nuclei, conspicuous nucleoli and eosinophilic cytoplasm in the inflamed stroma. Please correlate with the clinical context. 切片顯示發炎基質中具有泡狀...