- facts provided or learned about something or someone；a charge lodged with a magistrates' court
noun: information, plural noun: informations
- 1. facts provided or learned about something or someone a vital piece of information
- ▪ a charge lodged with a magistrates' court the tenant may lay an information against his landlord
- 2. what is conveyed or represented by a particular arrangement or sequence of things genetically transmitted information
- ▪ data as processed, stored, or transmitted by a computer.
- ▪ (in information theory) a mathematical quantity expressing the probability of occurrence of a particular sequence of symbols, impulses, etc., as against that of alternative sequences.