- receive (money, property, or a title) as an heir at the death of the previous holder；derive (a quality, characteristic, or predisposition) genetically from one's parents or ancestors
verb: inherit, 3rd person present: inherits, gerund or present participle: inheriting, past tense: inherited, past participle: inherited
- 1. receive (money, property, or a title) as an heir at the death of the previous holder she inherited a fortune from her father 同義詞 become heir to, fall heir to, come into/by, be bequeathed, be left, ... 更多
- ▪ derive (a quality, characteristic, or predisposition) genetically from one's parents or ancestors she had inherited the beauty of her grandmother
- ▪ receive or be left with (a situation, object, etc.) from a predecessor or former owner spending commitments inherited from previous administrations 同義詞 succeed to, accede to, assume, take over, come into, ... 更多
- ▪ come into possession of (belongings) from someone else she inherits all her clothes from her older sisters
- ▪ come into possession of (something) as a right (especially in biblical translations and allusions) master, what must I do to inherit eternal life?