- an act of asking for information；an official investigation
noun: inquiry, plural noun: inquiries
- 1. an act of asking for information a reporter from New York makes inquiries we get a lot of inquiries from folks wanting to know where to find the big trees 同義詞
- ▪ an official investigation he was one of the State's star witnesses in the murder inquiry eventually the independent inquiry was published, which found that there was no case to answer 同義詞
- in the armed forces, a tribunal appointed to investigate a complaint against a member of the ...
Oxford American Dictionary
- (in the UK) a report made by a probation officer or social worker on a person's character ...
- a tribunal appointed to investigate a matter and decide whether a court martial is warranted.
- an act of asking for information: the police were making inquiries in all the neighbouring pubs we are getting a lot of inquiries from people who are relatively new to acquiring art