- a period of prolonged and intensive questioning or investigation；a judicial or official inquiry.
noun: inquisition, plural noun: inquisitions
- 1. a period of prolonged and intensive questioning or investigation she relented in her determined inquisition and offered help
- ▪ historical a judicial or official inquiry.
- 2. an ecclesiastical tribunal established by Pope Gregory IX c. 1232 for the suppression of heresy. It was active chiefly in northern Italy and southern France, becoming notorious for the use of torture. In 1542 the papal Inquisition was re-established to combat Protestantism, eventually becoming an organ of papal government.
- a period of prolonged and intensive questioning: she relented in her determined inquisition and offered help
Mail inquisition to apply large in geography scope, recall time not urgent, Problem simple condition...
... on thrity thousands found out, Compare with inquisition to come for 1998 years, Australia teenager takes hemp and...
... the practice of her faith irrelevant to the perpetrators of the Inquisition. 可以幫我分析整段的文法嗎？ 本句是一個complex sentence 主要子句: Ines...