- happening or coming immediately；prepared quickly and with little effort
- a precise moment of time；a very short time; a moment
noun: instant, plural noun: instants
- 1. happening or coming immediately the offence justified instant dismissal 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ prepared quickly and with little effort we can't promise instant solutions
- ▪ (of food) processed to allow very quick preparation instant coffee 同義詞
- ▪ (of a person) becoming a specified thing immediately become an instant millionaire
- 2. dated urgent; pressing an instant desire to blame others when things go wrong
- 3. dated (in business letters) of the current month your letter of the 6th instant
- 4. archaic of the present moment.
- 1. a precise moment of time come here this instant! at that instant the sun came out 同義詞
- 2. a very short time; a moment for an instant the moon disappeared 同義詞 反義詞
- 3. informal instant coffee.