- the action of interfering or the process of being interfered with；the legal blocking of an opponent to clear a way for the ball carrier.
noun: interference, plural noun: interferences
- 1. the action of interfering or the process of being interfered with concerns about government interference in church life an unwarranted interference with personal liberty 同義詞
- ▪ the legal blocking of an opponent to clear a way for the ball carrier.
- ▪ (in ice hockey and other sports) the illegal hindering of an opponent not in possession of the puck or ball.
- 2. the combination of two or more electromagnetic waveforms to form a resultant wave in which the displacement is either reinforced or cancelled.
- ▪ the fading or disturbance of received radio signals caused by unwanted signals from other sources, such as unshielded electrical equipment, or broadcasts from other stations or channels. 同義詞