- the action of intruding；a thing that intrudes
noun: intrusion, plural noun: intrusions
- 1. the action of intruding he was furious about this intrusion into his private life unacceptable intrusions of privacy
- ▪ a thing that intrudes villagers say the noise is an intrusion on their lives
- 2. the action or process of forcing a body of igneous rock between or through existing formations, without reaching the surface.
- ▪ a body of igneous rock which has intruded the surrounding strata.
- the action of intruding: he was furious about this intrusion into his private life unacceptable intrusions of privacy
Oxford American Dictionary