- the state of feeling annoyed, impatient, or slightly angry；a thing that annoys or irritates someone
noun: irritation, plural noun: irritations
- 1. the state of feeling annoyed, impatient, or slightly angry:
much to my irritation, Chris fell asleep
- 2. a thing that annoys or irritates someone:
the minor irritations of life
- 3. inflammation or other discomfort in a body part caused by reaction to an irritant substance:
some chemicals cause a direct irritation to the skin leading to dermatitis
- 4. the stimulation of an organism, cell, or organ to produce an active response.
- n.the state of feeling annoyed, impatient, or slightly angry:
- much to my irritation, Chris fell asleep
Powered by Oxford Dictionary of English 3e
...本身來的重要多了. oily-prone- Moisten-1.弄濕;使濕潤 2.變濕,潮濕 irritation→He could not hide his irritation that he had not been...
... all day and hard to open. “刺痛”的英文﹕irritate(動詞), irritation(名詞), irritated(形容詞)﹐例﹕ The smoke irritates ...
...補充： 下面的寫法文法OK, 但意思有別: The product could cause eye irritation. 此句沒有交待「接觸」, 似乎意味著此產品好端端放在那兒, 看它一眼都會刺激到...